You can go in many different directions with a tostada or taco. You can fill it with meat, fish, vegetables, etc. In this recipe we will show you how to make a tostada with delicious raw tuna.
You can serve it as a main course, but you can also keep one tostada per person and use it as a starter or lunch dish. It doesn’t really matter, but there is no questioning whether or not you will enjoy it, because this dish is absolutely delicious.
The tuna is glazed in a typical mixture of soy, sake and mirin. The chipotle mayonnaise gives a spicy touch to the dish, especially since it’s combined with the jalapeños.
Tostada with tuna, jalapeño, avocado & chipotle mayonnaise
- 500 gr tuna sashimi quality
- 4 limes
- 100 ml soy
- 100 ml sake
- 100 ml mirin
- 100 grams sugar granulated
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 jalapeños cut into rings
- 8 tostadas
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 lime
- 2 chipotles from the adobo can
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce from the same can
- 1 tbsp water
- 250 g mayonnaise
For the chipotle mayonnaise
- Put the mayonnaise in a bowl. Blend the chipotles with the adobo sauce and water in a blender until everything is smooth. Then add this mixture to the bowl. Mix it all together well.
For the tostadas
- Slice the tuna thinly against the grain.
- Place the soy, sake, mirin, and sugar in a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Cook this for 3 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl and then add it to the soy mixture. Stir until the mixture has thickened and then remove the bowl from heat.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the jalapeno’s and cook them for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Place two tostadas per person on a plate. Place a few slices of avocado on each tostada. Also add some chipotle mayonnaise.
- Place the tuna slices in a bowl and mix them with the juice of the limes.
- Dip them, one by one, in the soy mixture and then place them on the tostadas.
- Put some jalapeño rings on top as a topping and sprinkle it with some sesame seeds. Enjoy your meal!