This chipotle mayonnaise provides your dishes with an explosion of flavour! It is a delicious smoky and spicy mayonnaise.
This Mexican sauce contains canned chipotles. These are smoked jalapeños and are available at the supermarket. In addition to these jalapeños, we also use the moisture contained in them. This liquid is called adobo and is rich in flavour and spice.
You prepare the sauce within 5 minutes and you can store it in a sealed jar in the fridge for weeks.
You can go for the easy or the fun way in this dish, i.e. use ready-made mayonnaise or create mayonnaise yourself.
For the mayonnaise (or choose your own mayonnaise)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 250 ml sunflower oil or rapeseed oil
- 2 canned chipotles
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce from the same can
- 1 tbsp water
- Put the egg yolks in a bowl together with the mustard, white wine vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix it all into a paste.
- Then gradually pour in the oil through a thin stream and continue to whisk it while pouring. The mixture will have a consistency of a thick mixture like mayonnaise.
- Place the chipotles with the adobo sauce and the water in a blender and blend to a smooth paste. Add to the mayonnaise and stir well.