Pointed cabbage can be an ideal side dish. By preparing it in quarters you can serve it nicely with your potatoes, meat or rice.
We already made grilled pointed cabbage. In this recipe we choose to vary pointed cabbage with miso from the oven. Miso is a Japanese paste made from fermented soybeans, salt and koji and is a very tasty seasoning.
Oven-roasted pointed cabbage with miso
For the pointed cabbage
- 1 pointed cabbage
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped or pressed
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp butter
- sesame seeds
For the rice and cucumber
- 200 gr pandan rice
- 1/2 cucumber cut into half moons
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C.
- Cut the pointed cabbage into four quarters and place all quarters on a piece of aluminium foil with which you can wrap them.
- Mix the garlic with the miso, soy sauce and mirin into a small bowl. Stir till a smooth paste forms and coat all quarters with the mixture.
- Then spread butter on the pointed cabbage and wrap it. Place them in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Put the cucumber and spring onion in a bowl and mix it with the rice vinegar.
- Finally, toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan until golden brown.
- Remove the pointed cabbage from the oven and serve it with the rice and the cucumbers. Sprinkle the pointed cabbage with the sesame seeds.