Vegetables also do well on the barbecue. Pointed cabbage is a nice example for this. Check also our oven-roasted pointed cabbage with miso.
We rubbed this pointed cabbage with coarse mustard and sambal. Then sprinkled it with some truffle oil and added some salt and pepper. That’s it. Simple, but a very delicious side dish.
We then cook the pointed cabbage indirectly on the barbecue for 45 minutes. This will soften it and make it nice and crispy. The outer leaf can burn a little, so you can remove that.
Prefer the oven? Of course you can use that. Cook it for 45 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius.
Grilled pointed cabbage with mustard and sambal
- 1 pointed cabbage
- truffle oil
- black pepper
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect grilling. Maintain a working temperature of approximately 150 °C.
- Wash the pointed cabbage and cut it into 4 pieces. Remove the stump. That’s the hard part at the bottom in the middle. Leave the outer leaf on the pieces. This can burn a bit and we will remove it afterwards.
- Add the mustard on the cabbage parts and spread it with a knife. Do the same with the sambal.
- Drizzle the pointed cabbage with truffle oil and sprinkle it with some salt and pepper.
- Place them on the grill of the barbecue and let them cook indirectly for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pointed cabbage from the barbecue and remove the outer leaf. Serve them as entire quarters.