When we make pizza at home, it often is this pizza prosciutto. You can choose not to bake the prosciutto and only put it on top when the pizza is ready. We bake it, because that makes it nice and crispy.
We also decorate it with some vegetables and sprinkle a few teaspoons of pesto on top of it. When that is done we add some arugula. We prepare the pizza crust ourselves. This is not difficult and much tastier.
We also add chilli powder to it, because we just like a spicy touch to our food.
It is entirely its own interpretation of the pizza prosciutto. So you can use it in many ways and determine the topping to your own liking. Anyway, this combination is guaranteed to be successful!
In this recipe, we prepare the pizza dough yourself. You can also choose to prepare the pizza sauce yourself or buy a ready-made jar.
Would you rather have a different pizza?
Have a look at a selection of our other pizzas:
Pizza prosciutto with arugula and pesto
- 500 gr pizza dough type “00”
- 7 gr dry yeast
- 10 gr salt
- 300 ml water slightly warm
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar tomato sauce for pizza
- 1 red onion cut into half rings
- 1 mozzarella cut into pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into pieces
- bunch cherry tomatoes halved
- chilli powder optional
- 12 slices prosciutto
- grated cheese or parmesan
For the pizza dough
- Place all ingredients for the pizza dough in a large bowl. Mix everything very well until a dough is formed. Then knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal balls. Place the balls separately in a bowl and cover them with a dry tea towel. Let them rise for 2 hours.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect grilling. Maintain a temperature of 250 °C. If you use an oven, preheat it at 250 °C. Place the pizza stone in the oven or on the BBQ for pre-heating. If you don’t own a pizza stone, place a baking tray in the oven.
- You prepare the pizzas one by one. Sprinkle some flour on the counter top. Place the pizza ball on top and create a nice round pizza.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the bottom. Then decorate it with red onion, mozzarella, bell pepper and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle some chilli powder on top if desired.
- Place 3 slices of prosciutto on the pizza. Sprinkle a few teaspoons of pesto on the pizza. If you want to make a pizza with cheese, this is the moment to add it. Prefer parmesan? Then you add it to the pizza when it’s finished.
- Place the pizza on the barbecue or in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Garnish the pizza with arugula and grated parmesan.