You can prepare delicious pizzas on the grill. It provides it with a nice smoky flavour. In this recipe we used a pre-made pizza crust. Of course you can make your own pizza crust too.
This time we opted for simplicity. The recipe for this pizza is vegetarian. Below you will find the ingredients that we have added. Of course it is easy to vary this. We have added chilli pepper, because we like a spicy edge.
To prepare a pizza on the grill, you need a barbecue with a lid and a pizza stone. It is important that the pizza is not too close to the fire, otherwise the bottom can burn. You can easily solve this by placing bricks on the grid and placing the pizza stone on top of them.
We use a ceramic barbecue ourselves. Here we place the pizza stone on the platesetter, which automatically raises it a bit. If you own a kettle barbecue, you can solve this with bricks.
Would you rather have a different pizza?
Have a look at a selection of our other pizzas below:
Vegetarian pizza from the grill
- 1 pizza base ready-made
- 1 large scoop pizza sauce
- 1/2 mozzarella
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 handful vine tomatoes
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chilli pepper
- 1 handful arugula
- Put some flour on the work counter and place the pizza base on it. Then top it with the pizza sauce.
- Cut the mozzarella into pieces and the red onion into half rings. Halve the vine tomatoes and divide them all on the pizza.
- Spread the pesto on the pizza and sprinkle it with the herbs.
- Prepare the barbecue. Maintain a working temperature of 250℃. Make sure you place the pizza stone on the barbecue from the start so that it gradually heats. This prevents it from breaking.
- We are now going to put the pizza on the barbecue. Put some flour on the pizza shovel and put the pizza on it. Then slide it onto the barbecue.
- The pizza is ready in about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, keep an eye on the bottom. If you see that the bottom is getting too dark, remove it from the barbecue earlier.
- Sprinkle some arugula on top of the pizza.