Several times we have served this salmon to visitors. Every time they tell us how delicious the salmon tastes. The sriracha chili sauce gives it a nice spicy touch.
It’s actually a very simple dish. We mix all the ingredients together and bring everything to a light boil. We let it rest like this for half an hour until the marinade thickens. We then pour the marinade on top of the salmon and place it on the barbecue.
Grilled oriental spicy salmon
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 250 ml water
- 70 ml soy sauce
- 40 grams brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha chili
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 cm ginger grated
- 1.2 kg salmon descaled
- Put the water with the chicken stock cube in a pan and bring it to the boil. When it boils you turn the heat down.
- Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, sriracha, garlic and ginger and heat to a slight boil. This way all the sugars dissolve and the marinade thicken a bit. Please note that this can take up to half an hour on low heat.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon skin side down on an aluminium foil. Pour some of the marinade on top of the salmon.
- Place the salmon on the barbecue with aluminium foil. Maintain a working temperature of about 250℃.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon every 2 minutes. The salmon is ready after about 12 minutes or at a core temperature of 45 ℃.
- Remove the salmon from the barbecue and pour the remaining marinade on top of the salmon.