Salmon has a firm, meaty texture and does not contain a typical fishy taste. Salmon is special and the taste is difficult to describe. The taste and texture vary according to the type of salmon, breeding method, time of the year and preparation method.
The fact that salmon tastes so delicious is mainly due to the high fat content of this fish. Salmon is a fatty fish and has a high content of unsaturated fatty acids. It has a rich oily taste.
Salmon is a versatile piece of fish and it is easy to combine and prepare in many different ways. We combine this salmon with a homemade dill sauce. This is a light sauce that matches perfectly with salmon.
Other salmon recipes
Oven baked salmon with dill sauce
- 4 salmon 175 to 225 grams each
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/2 fennel finely chopped
- 1 carrot in small cubes
- 200 ml fish stock
- 150 ml white wine dry
- 250 ml cooking cream
- 5 sprigs dill leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 lemon juice of one lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 230 °C.
- Pat the salmon dry with kitchen paper. Drizzle them with oil, salt and pepper. Place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper and cook for about 10 minutes. The salmon is medium-rare when it has a core temperature of 52 °C.
- Place a pan of water on the stove, place a pan with a cube of fish stock on top of it and bring to the boil. Then turn the heat down.
- Heat butter in a saucepan and fry the shallot, fennel and carrot for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish stock and reduce by half.
- Add the white wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Add 200 ml of cream and boil again until reduced by half.
- Pour the sauce into a sieve and collect it in a container. Return the sauce to the pan and add the chopped dill, mustard and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Put the remaining cream together with the egg yolk in a bowl and whisk until it solidifies. Add it to the sauce.
- Heat the sauce but do not let it boil. It must indicate a little bit. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon on a plate and pour the dill sauce on top of it.