With this dill sauce you put a delicious dish on the table in no time. This dill sauce is a delicious combination with fish or vegetables.
It is made from cooking cream which makes it light and fresh. In addition, of course, fresh dill is added and juice of one lemon.
Unlike other creamy sauces, dill sauce is not rich and heavy. It is light and a little spicy. Therefore it goes very well with salmon or trout, as they have a rich oily taste. Also check the recipe for oven-baked salmon with dill sauce.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/2 fennel finely chopped
- 1 carrot in small cubes
- 200 ml fish stock
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 250 ml cooking cream
- 5 sprigs dill leaves minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- Place a pan of water on the stove with a cube of fish stock and bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat.
- Heat butter in a saucepan and fry the shallot, fennel and carrot for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the fish stock and reduce by half.
- Pour in the white wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Pour in 200 ml of cream and boil again until reduced by half.
- Pour the sauce into a sieve and collect it in a container. Return the sauce to the pan and add the chopped dill, mustard and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Mix the remaining cream with the egg yolk in a bowl and beat until it solidifies. Add the sauce.
- Heat the sauce but do not let it boil. It must induce a little. Add salt and pepper to taste.