Grilled bavette with dry rub
Bavette is a delicious piece of meat that normally needs salt and pepper to season it. For a change I have now rubbed it with a basic barbecue rub.SaveSaved!
- 1 piece bavette
- 1 handful basic barbecue rub recipe
- black pepper
- sea salt
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator an hour before cooking and let it reach room temperature.
- Prepare the barbecue for direct grilling. To do this, maintain a temperature of approximately 250 °C.
- Pat the bavette dry with kitchen paper and sprinkle both sides with salt. Place the bavette on the grid and grill both sides for 3 minutes.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect grilling. Maintain a temperature of approximately 125 °C. Cook the meat at a core temperature of 50 °C.
- Remove the meat from the barbecue and let it rest while loosely covered with aluminium foil. This allows the meat juices to distribute well.
- Cut bavette against the grain into narrow strips. Season it with salt and some pepper.