Duck breast is a surprisingly tasty piece of meat and easy to prepare on the barbecue. We do this by directly grilling the duck breast. Herefor I use a kamado. The meat has a layer of fat. This means that you have to be careful that it does not burn during grilling. The grease can cause flames. We did not marinate the duck breast any further. Only salt and pepper is sufficient.
Grilled Duck Breast
- duck breast
- Place the duck breast on a cutting board with the fat side facing up. Use a sharp knife to cut a diamond pattern in the fat layer. Make sure that you do not cut the meat, but only the fat side.
- Sprinkle the duck breast with some salt.
- Prepare the barbecue for direct grilling. Place the duck breast with the fat side down on the grid. Note: the fat rim can cause a lot of smoke. Then place the lid on the barbecue. This prevents too much air from being added.
- Turn the duck breast after 5 minutes and grill the other side for another 3 minutes. The meat is ready at a core temperature of 57 ℃.
- Remove the meat from the barbecue and let it rest while covered with aluminium foil for a few minutes.
- Cut the duck breast into slices and sprinkle with pepper.