A picanha comes from the flat buttock of the cow. It has been on the rise in popularity in recent years. It is characterized by a thick fat rim. Do not remove this fat edge. This gives flavor to the meat.
The picanha recipe below is very simple. First, I will grill the meat on all sides and then let it cook slowly by grilling it indirectly.
Grilled Picanha from the BBQ
- 1.3 kg picanha
- salt & pepper
- Remove the picanha from the fridge half an hour before cooking. Then sprinkle the meat with salt.
- Grill the picanha on all sides.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect grilling and put the meat back on the grill. Let the meat cook to a core temperature of 52 °C.
- Remove the meat from the barbecue and let it rest for 5 minutes, while it is loosely covered with aluminum foil.
- Carve the picanha and sprinkle it with pepper.