Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, this trout recipe is easy to make and is guaranteed to create a refined meal that will wow your guests.
Trout is a collective name for several species of fish belonging to the Salmonidae family. There are many types of trout, such as rainbow trout, brown trout, brown trout and more.
Trout thrive primarily in cold, clear freshwater streams and lakes around the world. They’re often found in mountainous areas where the water is cool and oxygen-rich.
In addition, trout is an excellent source of protein and contains omega-3 fatty acids that are beneficial for the heart and brain function.
Oven-Baked Trout with an Almond Crust
- 4 whole trout without giblets
- 50 grams soft butter
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 200 grams almond shavings
- 100 grams panko or breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- a bunch of carrots
- 2 tbsp honey
- 800 grams bistro potatoes with skin
- olive oil
- black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C
- Rinse the trout thoroughly, including the inside, and cut off the fins. Pat dry thoroughly with kitchen paper and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Stuff the fish with two lemon halves and a sprig of parsley. Chop the rest of the parsley finely.
- Mix the butter with the almond shavings, the panko and half of the parsley. Crush the garlic cloves and add, together with some lemon zest. Knead well and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the trouts side by side on a baking tray and divide the mixture over them. Press slightly and sprinkle with some extra almond shavings if desired.
- Peel the carrots with a vegetable peeler, rinse well and cut the thicker ones in half or into quarters. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Mix together. Place in the preheated oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the potatoes in plenty of salted water. Drain and allow to air thoroughly. Roughly mash the potatoes with a fork and season with freshly ground pepper. Keep warm under a lid.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150˚C and place the fish in the center of the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Present the trout on a platter and place the mashed potatoes and carrots next to it. Mix the rest of the chopped parsley into the frying butter that has been released on the baking tray and spoon it over the vegetables. Serve with a slice of lemon.