We have already shown that you can go in different directions with miso with the hasselback pumpkin and the bavette with miso. After making this dish with vegetables and meat, it is now time to use fish. In this case redfish, but it also works well with cod or sea bass.
The marinade makes the fish super soft on the inside and gives it a crispy crust. It gives a sweet salty taste to the fish. A super combination!
Oven-baked redfish with miso
- 2 redfish fillets
- 2 tbsp miso white
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 spring onion
- Pat the redfish fillets dry with kitchen paper.
- Mix the miso, mirin and sake in a small baking dish. Stir well until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Place the redfish fillets in the baking dish and rub both sides well with the marinade. Let it marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Remove the fillets from the marinade and rub the marinade off completely with your fingers. Make sure all the miso is off, otherwise it will burn in the oven.
- Place the fillets in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Serve the fillets with the spring onion.