These shrimps are sticky, sweet and spicy at the same time. What else do you want? If it’s up to us, that’s not much more. A delicious sauce that you should definitely try!
First, we make a dry rub where we season the shrimp with. The sauce is a simple mixture of several ingredients, including lemongrass. The lemongrass adds a fresh touch to the sauce.
We made this dish on the barbecue in a cast iron pan. If you don’t have that, you can also fry those shrimps in a pan on the stove.
Grilled Shrimps in Chili-Lemongrass sauce
- 500 gr shrimps 16/20
Chili lemongrass sauce
- 120 ml chili sauce
- 30 gr lemongrass finely chopped
- 30 g fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 30 g butter unsalted
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 10 g paprika powder
- 10 gr garlic powder
- 10 g chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare the barbecue for direct use. Maintain a temperature of approximately 180 °C.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan and let them cool.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce together and stir them until it becomes a mixture.
- Also mix all the ingredients for the dry rub together. Then sprinkle the shrimp with the herbs.
- Place a cast iron pan with some oil on the grate of the grill and heat it.
- Then add the shrimps and fry for 7 minutes while stirring.
- Remove the shrimps from the barbecue and add them to the sauce. Stir and serve them.