Crispy marinated chicken wings from the oven that are not only easy to make, but also taste great. Ideal for a Sunday if you want to eat well, but don’t want to cook too lavishly.
We’re going for an oriental marinade. If desired, you can adjust the marinade to your own taste. For example, you can spice it up a bit by adding sriracha or chili powder.
For the marinade, simply mix all the ingredients into a bowl. Then you put the marinade together with the chicken in a zip bag and let it marinate in the fridge for two hours. At the end we sprinkle the wings with toasted sesame seeds. Delicious!
Honey-Soy Baked Chicken Wings
- 150 ml soy
- 150 ml Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 50 ml honey
- 1.5 tbsp ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and stir well. Put the marinade together with the chicken wings in a zip bag and let it marinate for two hours.
- Preheat the oven at 230 °C.
- Place a piece of baking paper on the grid and place the chicken wings on it. Cook the chicken wings for 12 minutes. Then turn them over and cook for another 12 minutes until they become brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan. Once the chicken wings are done, take them out of the oven and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.