One of our most popular recipes is the oriental pork belly. Because we love this so much, we have come up with a variant especially for fish lovers: cod with an oriental marinade.
Cod is a white fish that you can marinate very well. It has a firm structure so it does not fall apart easily and it has a nice soft taste.
If you want to vary with cod, prepare it oriental with this recipe.
Oven-baked oriental cod
- 2 cod fillets with skin
- 20 ml soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 20 ml sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sambal badjak
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 cm ginger finely grated
- sesame seeds
- spring onion finely chopped
- Place the soy sauce, honey, sweet soy sauce, sambal and hoisin sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- Pat the cod dry with a paper towel. Place the cod in the marinade. Gently rub the marinade into the cod. Cover it with aluminium foil and let the cod marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 185 °C.
- Place the cod in a baking dish. Brush the fish with some marinade and place the dish in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the spring onion and toast some sesame seeds in a pan.
- Remove the cod from the oven. Garnish with the spring onion and sesame seeds and serve with some rice.