We are fans of chicken and the oriental cuisine. And let it be that those two things come together regularly.
First of all we marinate the drumsticks in a simple marinade. Then we will grill them indirectly. The last 10 minutes we dip them in a homemade barbecue sauce.
Oriental Grilled Chick Drumsticks with barbecue sauce
- 75 ml water
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
oriental sticky barbecue sauce
- 50 ml sweet soy sauce
- 40 grams brown sugar
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cm ginger
- sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion cut into small rings
- 8 drumsticks
- Place all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix well.
- Put the drumsticks in a sealable bag and add the marinade. Mix it and let it marinate in the refrigerator for four hours.
Grill the drumsticks
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect grilling. With a cone barbecue you create two different heat zones for this. Maintain a working temperature of about 150℃.
- Place the drumsticks on the grid. Place a dripping pan underneath the drumsticks as well. The sticks can easily be left on the barbecue for an hour. Remove them from the barbecue at a temperature of 93 ℃.
Preparation of the barbecue sauce
- Place all ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan. Mix everything together and let it sit on a medium heat for about 30 minutes until the sugars dissolve and the sauce thickens a bit.
- When the drumsticks have been on the barbecue for an hour, dip them in the sauce one by one. Then put them back on the barbecue for 2-3 minutes. Repeat this two more times. In total, you dip them in the sauce three times.
- Remove the drumsticks from the barbecue. Place them on a board or plate and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and spring onion.