Anyone who has ever been to a real steakhouse has undoubtedly seen a T-bone steak on the menu. What makes this steak such a stunner?
The T-bone offers you not one, but two steaks. One part of the t-bone consists of a nice piece of sirloin steak and the other part of a deliciously tender piece of tenderloin. Because of the beautiful fat on the t-bone, this steak already has a lot of flavor of its own and it is a super steak to cook on the barbecue.
Because garlic never gets boring, we have made a delicious combination. We puffed garlic on the barbecue. This makes the garlic so soft that you can spread it over the meat like butter. Delicious!
Dus, breng het steakhouse naar jou thuis en ga met onderstaand recept aan de slag. Voor je het weet ben jij de grillmeister van de vriendengroep.
TIP! Still looking for a good wine combination? A delicious fatty steak always goes well with a thick full Rioja reserva or grand-reserva.
T-bone steak with roasted garlic from the BBQ
- 850 gr T-bone steak
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cut the garlic cloves in half. About 1 cm from the top.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil, add a nice amount of olive oil, some salt and pepper and wrap it up.
- Prepare the barbecue for direct grilling and ensure a temperature of approximately 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the packets of aluminum foil containing the garlic on the BBQ. Place this a little on the side of the grate. At least not directly above the coals. Leave them on the BBQ for 20 minutes so that they are well puffed. You can check this by loosening the aluminum foil and poking it with a fork to see if the garlic cloves have already become nice and soft.
- Bring the barbecue to a working temperature of about 250 degrees Celsius.
- Grill the T-bone steak directly over the coals and ensure a core temperature of 48 degrees Celsius. Turn it a quarter turn to get a nice diamond pattern. Do this on the other side as well.
- Remove the T-bone from the grill when the desired core temperature has been reached and then cover it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the T-bone into nice strips before serving. Spread some of the roasted garlic on top and finish it with salt and pepper.
- Voila, your own steakhouse on the table in 30 minutes and satisfied eaters for sure!