Always wanted to have a lobster party? This is your chance! We always get excited about fish and shellfish on the barbecue. Why? Because it is an incredibly good combination, it is super simple to prepare and you surprise all your friends with it.
Many people have difficulty eating lobster because of the fact that in most cases they are still alive. When it comes to eating lobster, there are three options.
The first one is buying a pre-cooked lobster. The advantage of this is that the lobster is already dead and pre-cooked. In general, all you have to do is to season and grill it. This is also the method we prepared the lobster for this recipe. These lobsters are available in the freezer at almost every wholesaler. Super simple and very tasty.
If you go for fresh and alive, you have two options. Put the lobster in the freezer first so that you anesthetize it. In addition, you can also kill him directly. You do this by cutting the head of the lobster in half with a sharp knife from the back of the head. Then cut the body in half.
We believe that you should treat animal food with as much respect as possible and work as humanely as possible. That is why we are in favour of freezing the lobster first, so that it anesthetizes and does not experience much of the cutting.
If you buy a pre-cooked lobster, like us, you only have to defrost the lobster and then cut it in half. You can read how to turn it into a spectacular dish in the recipe below.
Tip: Try using a meat hammer to break the shells of the scissors, these can be hard at times.
- 4 lobsters 1 cooked lobster per person
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- Make sure the lobsters are thawed and remove them from the packaging.
- Tip: if you put the lobsters in cold water, they will thaw a lot faster.
- Cut the lobsters in half with a sharp knife.
- Squeeze 3 cloves of garlic into a bowl and add a good glug of olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Brush the lobster halves with the marinade.
- Prepare the barbecue for grilling with a temperature of 250 degrees.
- Place both lobster halves on the grill and grill them on both sides for about 3 minutes. Do you have a fresh and thus uncooked lobster? Then you have to grill it for about 5 minutes per side.
- Brush the lobsters on the flesh side again with the marinade and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- The lobsters are ready to eat!