For those who want something different than regular potatoes: sweet potatoes from the barbecue. They are an easy vegetarian side dish for the barbecue.
The sweet potato has gained popularity in recent years. They may be a bit difficult to get through with a knife (they can be quite tough), but they are a delicious variation on the regular potato.
In this dish we add smoked paprika powder to spice it up.
We use a cast iron pan for this dish. If you don’t have one, you can grab an aluminum tray or an oven dish as well. With an aluminum container, make sure that it does not burn.
Grilled sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- olive oil
- 1 kg sweet potatoes
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect grilling (two heat zones). For the barbecue, maintain a temperature of about 200℃.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into the desired shape. We cut it into long wedges like French fries.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and add the ingredients. Add two tablespoons of oil to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour some oil into a casserole or cast iron pan. This prevents the potatoes from burning on the bottom. Then you put everything in the bowl or pan.
- Place the pan on the least hot zone of the barbecue. Let it cook for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, stir the pan a few times. When it is nicely browned and crispy, it is ready.
- Add salt to taste.