The flesh of the scallop is basically the muscle that allows the scallop to open and close its shell. This particularly tender piece of meat has a delicious salty, almost nutty taste.
Coquille requires a very short preparation time. A good quality fresh scallop is even delicious cut raw as sashimi! We therefore prepare a scallop in such a way that it is still partially raw on the inside. Only then can you optimally enjoy the tenderness and taste of a scallop.
The scallop is a dish that is perfect as a starter or appetizer. We have prepared these gems in a simple but very tasty way.
- 12 scallops approx. 3 pp
- 1 clove garlic
- Make sure the barbecue is ready for direct grilling. Maintain a temperature of about 250℃.
- Pat the scallops dry with a piece of paper towel.
- Lightly sprinkle the scallops with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan with a large knob of butter. Make sure the pan is really hot.
- Sear the scallops on both sides for about 1 minute.
- Let the pan cool slightly and squeeze a clove of garlic into the remaining butter.
- Drizzle the scallops a little bit with the butter and garlic from the pan.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze some lemon juice on top of the scallops.
- Serve the scallops on a small plate with some fresh samphire.