If there’s one fruit that’s versatile, it’s the avocado. You can really go either way with this. But did you know that you can also grill an avocado on the barbecue? The smell alone will mesmerize you.
In this recipe we fill the avocado with a tomato salsa (which combines perfectly with other dishes as well). By grilling it first you can easily spoon out the avocado. Delicious as an appetizer or side dish.
The avocado can be placed directly on the barbecue grill. Maintain a temperature of about 180℃. It can be grilled for 10 minutes. To get a diamond pattern, turn a quarter turn regularly.
Grilled Avocado with a Tomato Salsa
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
For the tomato salsa
- 1 half red onion finely chopped
- cucumber cut into cubes
- 1 tomato half skinned, deseeded and diced
- splash olive oil
- Prepare the barbecue. Maintain a temperature of about 180℃.
- Cut the avocado in half horizontally and remove the pit.
- Put a dash of olive oil and the lime juice in a bowl. Then rub it on the avocado with a brush. On all sides.
- Place the avocado with the inside down on the grill for 10 minutes. Turn it a quarter once to get a diamond pattern.
- Mix the onion, cucumber and tomato in a bowl. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the avocado from the barbecue after 10 minutes. Sprinkle it with salt as desired. Fill the hole with the tomato salsa.