Because tuna combines very well with products from the Far East, we have given this tuna tartare an oriental touch. We also gave the tuna meat a nice smoky flavor with a smoke infuser, which is of course not necessary, but it does give a very nice twist to the dish.
So, if you want something different than tuna tataki, try this recipe!
Tuna tartare with wasabi mayonnaise
- 350 gr tuna super fresh
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 1 cm ginger finely grated
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 lime
- bunch of coriander
- radish finely chopped for garnish
- sesame seeds
- Finely chop the tuna into small pieces. Not too fine though, because you still want to keep nice bites of the fish.
- After this, place the tuna in a deep bowl or dish.
- Finely chop the coriander and add it to the tuna together with the wasabi, mayonnaise, grated ginger, lime juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Mix the tuna and the other ingredients well, so that the wasabi, among other things, is evenly distributed over the tuna.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the tuna tartare by using a round mold. You put it on a plate and fill it with the tuna. As soon as you remove the mold, you will have a nice round tuna tartar.
- Use some coriander, finely chopped radish and some toasted sesame seeds as a garnish.