You may not think of fruit as an ingredient while thinking of a salad. Still, it’s a golden combination. Especially if the fruit has also been given a nice caramel touch on the barbecue. So forget about the quick salad and try this recipe below.
If you don’t own a barbecue, you can use a grill pan as well.
Summer salad with grilled apricots
- mozzarella buffalo
- 5 apricots not too ripe
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 red onion
- pine nuts or a seed mix
- raw Italian ham
- mixed salad
- olive oil
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the pit. Then place the apricot halves on a plate and drizzle with olive oil and some thyme
- Make sure the barbecue or grill pan is hot and grill the apricot halves until you see the characteristic grill pattern.
- Cut the red onion into thin rings and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with the white wine vinegar and sprinkle with a little bit of pepper.
- Add the mixed lettuce and mix it with the red onion.
- Tear the mozzarella into large pieces and divide them on top of the salad.
- Divide the raw ham on the salad as well.
- Finish the salad with the cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and grilled apricots. To finish it off, add a generous splash of olive oil on top of the salad and a small pinch of salt and pepper.