Salmon is a type of fish with which you can combine endlessly. The salmon lends itself very well to oriental dishes, but it is also excellent for dishes with traditional herbs. On top of that, preparing salmon is super easy.
We have made a variant with an herb crust of cream cheese and green herbs. A delicious recipe, which is also super easy to make.
In the steps below we explain how and with which ingredients you can make this dish. We prepared it on the barbecue, but you can certainly prepare it in the oven as well. For your convenience, we will explain both.
Salmon with herb crust
- 4 salmon fillets
- herb cheese/cream cheese for example Boursin or Philadelphia
- parsley fresh
- 2 tsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Put the herb cheese in a bowl. Add the parsley, breadcrumbs, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir this until it is smooth.
- Coat the salmon with the mixture.
- Preheat the oven or barbecue to 200 degrees. Note: if you prepare this dish on the barbecue, make sure you set the barbecue for indirect cooking.
- Place the salmon in the oven or the barbecue. The salmon needs about 15 minutes to 20 minutes to cook and to give the herb crust a nice colour.
- If you are looking for a nice side dish, try the Hasselback potatoes.