In the tasty and simple category. These grilled little gems are ready in no time and are perfect as a side dish.
A little gem is a mini lettuce called Roman lettuce. Although they can of course be eaten raw, they are also perfect for grilling on the barbecue.
We grease the little gems with a curry-based oil. Although the little gems are ready in no time, the oil still needs to soak in for a while. About 4 hours. This allows the flavors to absorb well into the oil. So keep that in mind.
Grilled Little Gem with Curry Oil
- 2 little gems
- curry oil
- 250 ml olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger grated or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Put the olive oil in a frying pan and heat it at medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and curry powder and bake it for 3 minutes until it is nice and brown.
- Place the mixture in a heatproof bowl and allow it to reach room temperature.
- Then put the mixtures in a food processor and grind everything to a fine mixture. Then put it in a bowl, cover with aluminum foil and let it rest for 4 hours at room temperature.
- Then strain the oil into another bowl. Or in a sealable bottle/jar if you want to store the oil.
- Prepare the barbecue for direct grilling.
- Cut the little gem in half. Brush both sides with the oil and place on the grill. Grill both sides for 2 minutes.