This potato salad is a perfect side dish for your barbecue, but you can also use it as a base for a rich meal salad.
You can enrich the potato salad at your own discretion by adding, for example, strips of smoked salmon, picked mackerel, shrimps, raw ham or fried bacon.
The salad tastes even better if you prepare it a day in advance, this way the flavours can blend perfectly.
Never rinse boiled potatoes with water after cooking, only allow them to steam. If you rinse your potatoes with water, they will absorb completely full of water and not only become more watery, they will lose a lot of flavour as well.
Potato salad recipes
Check out this potato salad recipes:
- 750 grams baby potatoes
- 3 tbsp Belgian mayonnaise homemade
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp coarse mustard
- 2 large tbsp pickle
- 2 large tbsp pearl onions
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp curly parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tarragon finely chopped
- black pepper freshly grounded
- Brush the baby potatoes well and cut larger ones in half or into quarters.
- Bring them to the boil in a large pot of water and cook for about 15 minutes. Check this with a sharp knife.
- Drain the baby potatoes and let them steam out thoroughly in a sieve. Then scoop them into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cut the pickles into fine cubes. Coarsely chop the pearl onions and capers and add the 3 types of pickles to the baby potatoes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well and season with salt and pepper. Place the potato salad while covered overnight in the refrigerator. Stir again the next day and season to taste if necessary.