Melting herb butter on your piping hot steak is of course nothing new, but in the United States they take it a step further, their cowboy butter is the way to take your steak to a higher level.
Melted butter is mixed with exciting and spicy spices, fresh herbs, lemon and mustard to create a very rich and flavourful sauce.
You can sprinkle the completely melted cowboy butter on top of your steak or let it solidify a little more and use it more like some kind of spread.
Don’t be alarmed, if the cowboy butter gets very hot, it will curdle slightly. Therefore it is best not to use and process it further than lukewarm.
Recipes with Cowboy Butter
Cowboy Butter Sauce
- 150 grams butter salted
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard smooth
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- black pepper freshly grounded
- Melt the butter into a saucepan and add the chopped garlic. Season it with freshly grounded pepper and let it extract for a while.
- Remove from the heat, let it cool off until lukewarm and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir very well with a whisk and possibly season with an extra pinch of cayenne pepper if you want some more spice.
- Let the cowboy butter cool off a bit and serve it as a dipping sauce with your favourite steak.